1. CREATE AN EFFECTIVE TEST ~ The APW now provides a free, anonymous, user-friendly, evidence-based personal wellness check in 20-25 minutes. This is designed to facilitate a major life overhaul for those who want one. STATUS: Done, now in use
2. RESEARCH WHAT WORKS ~ we are using the rich demographic data that comes in with the APW to find out what makes us sick, and how to get well. It proves which beliefs and habits bring health to a person, and which ones drain it out. STATUS: Working quite well with Asbury University
3. EQUIP HEALTHY COMMUNITIES ~ Businesses, schools, churches, physicians, counselors, rehab clinics will get all their local average APW scores free, so they can track progress from their efforts to inspire a healthier workforce, student body, congregation, etc. This does not jeopardize privacy of the test.
STATUS: In use now by Asbury and Dr. Schmidt
4. LAUNCH A POPULAR WEBSITE ~ a Lexington agency is prepared to create a new home for the test: to-the-well.org will be a lively, engaging experience for who want “the good life.” Agency proposal covers branding, SEO, staff training, logo, initial graphic content, and applying for a $120,000 grant for Google ads. Over 50% of launch content is ready, and the website is fully outlined.
STATUS: Started up, needing $17,100 for 1st 6 months
5. SPREAD THE WELLNESS VIRUS ~ Test users just mentioned can create their own expanded versions of the APW (Asbury is wanting to do one for Christians.). In open research, WELL scores the APW items in return for the demographic data. Webmaster will get media coverage for our interesting research findings.
STATUS: To export data easily and securely, make all our changes on front and back
ends of our test, and do data analysis, Qualtrics CoreXM Advanced needs $6615
for 10K tests in first year. We get first month free to set it up, which will be done in January 2024.
The motto for this mission: “A new look at a 3000-year-old wellness model”
We measure personal well-being: not the wellness of your body, bank account, or your family, but the health of the person who takes care of all these things, YOU. We define healthy as whatever does the most good and the least harm for the most people in the long run.
Our view of personal well-being and illness is an age-old blended model, spoken/confirmed in several languages/wisdom streams, including , science, history, nature, philosophy, recovery wisdom, and teachings from all three major western religions.
Our wellness test (the APW) measures healthy and unhealthy ways to handle nine common experiences: • Truth • Peace • Respect • Love • Mercy • Sexuality • Money • Purpose and physical • Health.
3 downloadable Learning Tools for each includes
• biblical insights (25+ annotated passages),
• life lessons from psychology, and
• practical parenting tips.
Our website to-the-well.org will be launching in January of 2024. It will provide free links to resources our board considers compatible with our model, including: other websites, tests, surveys, research, podcasts, blogs, schools, businesses, counselors, coaches, therapists, pastoral counselors, novels, self-help books, movies, documentaries, TV shows, etc.
Our board will be assembled in 1/24. We have chosen not to ask any prospective new board members to join the original 2020 founding board until the APW is loaded onto a new, even more secure software platform in January 2024. Starting 12/12/23, we are reloading the test questions and the data base of our previous respondents' answers into Qualtrics CoreXM. This will allow prospective board members to experience first-hand the benefits of taking the test and using its educational resources: solving problems, personal growth and healing, and inspiring healthier mindsets, lifestyles, and relationships. We seek to serve our board members before asking them to join us in serving others.
For Christians and Jews: The Bible teaches that God’s guidance is given for everyone, for our well-being. The model and its nine pairs of traits are taught by Solomon, Jesus, and Paul.
For all others: This model and all these traits are found 3000 years ago, in the wisdom literature of Persia and Egypt, and then later in Islam and 12-step recovery.
Our services and resources will be offered free to both individuals and groups, such as marriages, families, teams, schools, businesses, and churches. Under our Creative Commons Copyright, anyone can give this test to their own group for free, and even use their own questions alongside ours. Their respondents' answers will be scored for free with instant results emailed back. In return, we get to use their answers to our questions in our data base. And using the open research model, anyone can use our data for their research, in return for our using theirs. The APW is licensed by Creative Commons Copyright BY-NC-SA 4.0.